Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm not a Freshman, I'm a Ninth Grader!

No lie. A kid on my bus said it. I just about died.

I have decided to devote this post to school. Not something I'll do lightly, because I see it as more of a burden then a blessing. But in order to understand me, school is a big part of my life, mainly because it takes up most of my time. I'm a junior, as previously stated, and I have this giant book of 2,500 colleges that I have currently narrowed down to 2,500. Procrastination is the key to my sucess. But, I'm still in high school and still have to suffer through nine periods a day with an wide assortment of teachers and classes.


1st and 3rd period I have AP Bio with Mr. R. He likes to call himself a 'marine bio buff'. No joke. But the worst is double period notes. Labs are okay, except during the respiration lab where he had to blend up cow liver and called it 'liver-colada'... It's a seriously erratic class, because some days we're totally into notes and work past the bell, and others we just sort of hang out and make up on old labs. Today, for instanse, we were discussing fungi. Yes, fungi. Anyway, he was talking about the few species that aren't saprophites and are actually parasites. And he says 'here, I have it on the Proxima!" (the projector). And behold, a giant picture of athletes foot right up there on the big screen. Next to my head. Yeah. Also, I sit about 3 feet from the boxes label "Pigs '09". I am totally sickened just walking into class.


2nd period I have AP US History with Mr. J. It's a fun class, as in interesting, but there's a lot of notes. I'm not exactly good at history, but I'm actually doing well this year. There's really not much to say about this class. I don't dread going there, but I personally am not a big fan of history. Still, Mr. J has a lot of stories about pretty much anything that relates to history and they're actually generally intresting to me.


4th period I have lunch.


5th period I have 'Math 12X' (also known as PreCalc) with Mr. S. Shoot me. Yeah, yeah, he might be a great teacher and all, but his strategy is absolutely horrific. He leaves 10 minutes at the end of class to teach the lesson, then I don't understand it and screw up the homework, then he complains that we should know it from last year. Umm... no, we didn't. And even if we did, it was last year, and our 'tiny brains' can't comprehend it now. My parents keep saying 'then you need to tell him!" Again, not going to happen.

6th period I have English 11 with Mr. F. Not really much to say, but Mr. F sort of freaks me out a little bit. Other than that, not much to say. Oh, and it's mad boring.

7th period I have French III with Mr. B. Fun class. I mean, we learn and he's a really tough teacher, but it's still fun and we actually learn. This class has been together since eigth grade, because there's only 1 class of it, and a bunch droped but there's still a lot left. One time Mr. B whipped a steak knife out of the filing cabinet. And then proceeded to hold it up to his wrists and say 'Je vais eplucher ma main'. Translation: I'm going to peel my hand. WTF. One day, he asked me where I was when my parents died. Then quickly added, 'they are alive, right?' (in English). Appalled, I nodded and answered the question anyway.

Then 8th and 9th I have gym and study hall.

So that's my school life.
And I haven't posted anything in a while, but I've been busy... or haven't and just didn't feel like it. The latter is more probable.

No comments: