Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm new to this whole 'blog' thing...

... so I'll give an... introduction (for lack of a better word) and whatnot. First, to answer the immediate question: Why on earth is this here? Well, I figure I have a semi-intresting life, and I plan on remembering it when I'm 85 and living in a nursing home, wearing a catheter, and taking pills via applesauce, so I should better write it all down. Also for my own enjoyment of reliving ironic things that happen with my, frankly, ironic life. I'm not a total ding-dong who lives a bad-comedy-movie style of life, but having damn funny parents and an idiot as a grandmother who pronounces simple words such as 'spoon' incorrectly, I think I'll be kind and share my humbly funny stories. Hey, friends at school seem to enjoy my stories of 'enema bags' writen on shopping lists and hiding food in bedrooms to prevent other family members from snacking away on your snacks, so I'm making them more accesible now. As you may have noticed, I spell out all my words and use proper punctuation - and the young age of 16! No, I am not in AP Lit, I'm in regular English 11, but I give myself a gold star for actually caring about my writing being legible. Though my friends find in annoying on aim when they have to wait five minutes for me to say one sentence...

Now, an introduction of the rest of my life: My family has a whoping 4 people : Mom, Dad, Erin, and Me. But the extended family just adds to the fun. My stumpy little grandma L has an afro, I swear to God. Though it is starting to thin out... Anyways, my other grandma K (also refered to as 'El Grande') sadly has cancer, but she's made it through the last 15 years with nine toes so she's a brave enough to last a little while longer, I suspect. Also, please note that no matter how many rude and unnessecary comments I make, I still love my grandmas and my entire family. The gramps is a crab, we constantly fight because no, I do not think that veal is the best meat, and the fat is the best part of said meat. My mom is a nurse and we constantly get magazines with nasty bloody images on the cover, then she makes fun of me and says, "Sarah, don't you want to be a doctor when you grow up?" Umm, no. I cry at the sight of a syringe. On television. In the next room. How on EARTH I am going to survive disecting a fetal pig in AP Bio, I have no idea. And dad, a solar-panel & HAM radio & running & Bear Grylls, fanatic. Fun stuff.

So I have two Australian Labradoodles. Get over it. You'll hear more about them later, but my fingers are cramping and I still have to write about Timber! Oh yeah, and there's Lily, the grey tabby who we adopted and is now living a lavish livestyle in the garage with the 1972 Convertible SuperBeetle (<3)>

A'ight, Timber. His show name is Touchback (Oooooooh, Aaaaaaah, yeah, not my choice). That's how I got the URL thingy (TouchbackTimber). I have pictures when he was a yearling and I was 5 in my pink fluffy snowsuit that will give everyone a good giggle when I get around sharing that. I got the blog title, 'A Tree Falls in the Forest', because of 'Timber'. Now, the age old question: Does it make a sound? Of course, we'll go into more detail on Mr. Timber later.

Finally, ze camera. My child. I don't want real children, for specific reason's I'd rather not get into, but this is my not-living-and-safely-insured child. Canon Rebel XTi. I never had a camera, then with scraping up my Christmas money last year I got some crappy point&shoot sony. Best decision EVER, because my parent's didn't want me to buy one of my own, but I did anyway. Then in... may?... my dad and I paid for the XTi, because we had some old lenses (he used to work for Canon), so we decided on it. My second best decision. I've taken over 2,000 pictures with it already, and some will eventually make it onto here. But for now, you'll have to settle for my dA.

No comments: